Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In loving memory: Ginger

As you may know I have a love for animals, this is not a shelter story, this is my life. I have 2 hamsters named Ginger and Cinnamon. Last night I was cleaning the hamsters cage because today we were suppose to take Ginger to the vet. We were going to do this because she had a bald spot on her back and was kind of a little bit skinnier than suppose to be. But, she was in her little plastic ball not moving, but still alive. And after I finished, I put her and her sister back in the cage, and then went to bed. The next morning, my mom came to wake me up as usual, but, then my mom went to see the hamsters. She saw Cinnamon immediately, but, strangely enough she couldn't find Ginger. So she went to go turn on the light, and I knelled down to look for her I took out their playhouse and started digging and found her. :( Dead, there she lay, dead. I started to cry, then, my mom pulled her out and said "No, she's not dead, she's twitching!" but that was just her petting Ginger. Next thing I knew, Ginger was in a box I was in the car with tears and my binder waiting for mommy to take me to school. When I got home after a long, miserable day. My mom sat me down and said "You want to hear a wild story?" I shrugged, and she began. " when I got home after taking you to school, I don't know why, but, I checked on Ginger. And.....she twitched her little leg. I thought she was still alive so I took her downstairs and put a newspaper over her, because she doesn't like the sunlight. I called the vet made an appointment even sooner. Drove down there. But, the vet said she wasn't sick, it was just her time to go. So I took her home and she died shortly after." I began to cry, but I felt better that she told me that. Later that evening, we buried her peacefully. And now she has a good life up there, where she can have whatever she wants, whenever she wants. God bless and love you, Ginger.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Ginger. she was a good hammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Harper, I can't wait until you visit the shelter Sat and post your expreience.

    NaNa

    ReplyDelete