Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 3

           For our 3rd volunteer day we worked 1.5 hours! We walked 5 dogs and played with ALL the cats! It was so much fun let me tell you a little about it.First, when we got there we couldn't start working yet so we just played with the cats they were all so cute, when I was putting two little baby kittens up (SO CUTE!), a worker there told me I should play with this one kitten because it needs to socialize. So, I got it out and went in a closed off room. I set it down and it ran under the chair and hid in the corner! I couldn't get it out so I grabbed a cat toy and tried to pull him out. No luck. But, it did run to the other corner so I could climb under and grab him. I did not let him down again! But, I put him in my lap and started petting him, HE STARTED TO PURR! Yay!
           Next, we went to walk 5 dogs! The first one, was an available for adoption, wild, blue eyed, Siberian Husky. He almost pulled off my arm, but so beautiful and lovable! The 2nd dog we walked was a beautiful, multi colored, mutt-like dog.He was a sort of good walker, he kind of wanted to chase after all the birds. Ahh! I had to run so super fast! The 3rd dog was a......I don't really know what it was, but, it sure was pretty! It had slender      
hips so I think it could run REALLY fast, if it wasn't on a leash. But, it had patches of different colors on his fur. The 4th and 5th dogs were both Labradors, but they were complete opposites!The first was calm,the 2nd almost pulled my arm off! The first walked right next to me, the 2nd walked WAY in front of me, and was choking itself and so on.
           For the last 20 - 40 minutes, we went back to lovable, adorable, and cuddly kitty cats. Of course I went to my kitty, the little efficient one because I couldn't stay away from him! I stayed with him for about 15 minutes and then went to ALL the other cats and gave them there own time. Then it was time to go, and we picked up Sonic on the way home and I felt a lot better for helping the animals.

1 comment: