Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 2

        On our 2nd volunteer day, we walked 4 dogs! The 1st one was a big black dog, very playful and nice, he loved belly scratched. Also, he was very sweet. The 2nd dog was wild WILD! It was like our very 2nd dog the one that almost dislocated my shoulder. But, this one loved to have fun! The 3rd dog was a sweet and shy dog, but once she got to know you she was........let's see........how would I say this......let's say lovable-wild, but not to wild. Does that make sense? Oh, well the last dog we walked was a jumpy dog, his name was Billy Ray, and when he got excited, he got EXCITED! He would jump at least 2 feet in the air and when he landed he would run around in circles, puling all over the place. When we put him away, a lady and two boys asked us if we were "dog walkers" and asked if they could take the Maltese, daddy thought was a Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie), out on the leash. We showed her how to do it and daddy went out with them while I went to go get to puppies. The 2 boys were gone so I got the 2 girls (later we met the people who took the boys out and they said the shelter found them in a box on the street without anyone there). They were little German Shepherds one regular color, and one brown. So super cute, but when I went in the cage to get them the door closed and I was stuck in there (no lies)! I have no idea what I would have done if daddy didn't come to the rescue! When we got outside the puppies brothers were there playing, so, we let them play together. But then, the animal shelter worker (not a volunteer) told us that the people for community service were coming in so we could go take the puppies to the outdoor fenced play area and let them off their leashes. We did, and they started playing tug-o-war with the leashes so I went in to get some toys. While I got the toys daddy had to get A LOT of poop bags, because they each pooped at least twice! After that we had to be done because the worker took our passes so we couldn't get in to the cat room. I can't wait to go back next Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool how you remember details about all of the animals you take care of.

    ReplyDelete