Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 6

            First, I'd like to say sorry for this being 1 day late. So, this week, I went with my dad. So much fun, we walked.........4 dogs. First, we went to the cats, most of them are feeling better! There was this one black kitten, I put him on my shoulder and he started purring and going around in circles, around my head! SO CUTE! Then we went to the dogs, Grandma Ruth's dog is still there (don't know to be happy:)or sad :( ) and is................UP FOR ADOPTION! But daddy saw one he really wanted to walk, so, the first one was a pretty dog, forgot what kind though. We took it outside and it was FREEZING! Burr.....but we still walked him. Then, we got to walk G-ma's dog! We took him out walked him around, then, took him to the outside kennels (I'm pretty sure he knew who we were) The last dog we walked was a Carolina dog. Cute, different, but still, adorable. The next dog we took outside, let him go potty, and took them to the outside kennels. It was a tiny, 6 year old Yorkshire Terrier. The sad thing was the top of his head was COMPLETELY bald, with blood scabs. I felt so bad.

          After that, the HOA (Heart Of America) came in and started taking animals, they took G-ma's dog, so G-ma you might have lost your chance. :( Anyways, we went to the cats and started petting these 4 cats. A Yellow Tabby, 2 black and white long hair Domestic Cats, and a black 1 year old Domestic Short Hair cutie! The black one was wild, we put him in the closed off room with 1 long tube that he could run through, and trust me he did. We ran in and out, into walls, and up the wall, literally. He made us laugh so hard! Then, we went to the 2 black and white cats, both of them loved to be petted, but, hated to be picked up. Not much to say, though, cute, fluffy, and lovable! Then that yellow Tabby cat, adorable, if I had to guess probably daddy's favorite. After that, they came to get the cats, and we had to leave, this time we worked 1.5 hours! I had a lot of fun and I am getting jitters for tomorrow. I'm getting my braces off. I can't wait to be able to run my tongue and not feel metal. Now Tanner can't sick magnets to my mouth anymore! Can't wait, wish me luck! 

2 comments:

  1. I wait each week for your new post. Your so kind, the animals can sense that. To bad about
    G-Ruths dog.

    I wonder what was wrong with the little Yorkie, maybe he has just had a rough life, hopefully someone will adopt him and he will find the love you have given Tippi.
    NaNa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shelter day! And can't wait to see those pearly whites sans braces! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete